Three new Jesuits

On Saturday 2nd September Christopher, Stephen and Teodor made their first vows at Harborne, Birmingham. After two years' formation as novices they will now be "scholastics", engaged in full-time philosophy studies.

You can read more about the ceremony and view the photo gallery here...

You can also read several pre-vows reflections by Stephen, here...

In his homily, Provincial Fr Damian Howard said "the vows are really pathways to communion. I close my arms around no one person because I open to all. I live a simple life because I depend on the generosity of benefactors, because I’m accountable to my companions and want to be closer to the poor. And I’m obedient because sometimes others know me better than I know myself and see where I can do most good."

We send our prayer and best wishes to the new second-year novices and the three brand-new novices as they begin these new stages in their journeys with God, and especially the three newly-vowed. May their new lives and commitment truly open up new and deeper pathways to communion for them all.


Comments