Happy feast!

Happy feast of St Ignatius to all his family and friends!

In honour of the feast Thinking Faith has published some articles:

Will the real Ignatius please stand up? by Ron Darwen SJ
and
My own personal Ignatius - by a variety of contributors

Ignatius wrote several popular prayers and popularised others, including the Anima Christi, which is here in an adaptation by David Fleming SJ...

Jesus, may all that is in you flow into me.
May your body and blood be my food and drink.
May your passion and death be my strength and life.
Jesus, with you by my side enough has been given.
May the shelter I seek be the shadow of your cross.
Let me not run from the love which you offer,
But hold me safe from the forces of evil.
On each of my dyings shed your light and your love.
Keep calling me until that day comes,
When with your saints, I may praise you forever.
Amen

You can find links to other Ignatian prayers and resources on the spirituality page of this site, and on a website run by Jesuits in the US - http://www.ignatianspirituality.com/

Comments